About the Subject
Illustration is an incredibly versatile skill that is used in almost all disciplines of the design industry. As a school subject it is beneficial preparation for further studies in Graphic Design, Animation, the Film industry, Illustration, Architecture, Industrial Design, Engineering and any other career that requires a combination of creative problem solving and an eye for the aesthetic.
Typical projects include the design and illustrating of posters, CD covers, book covers, packaging, surface designs, product design and corporate identity, to name a few. We use pencil and colour pencils, inks, gouache, paper cutting, ballpoint pen, paint, graphite, pastel, thinners transfers and whatever else is needed to produce a stunning design.
Basic principles of product construction and the functions of illustration within the design industry are also introduced.
Illustration at the Art Centre
Projects from our Creative Learners
- Illustration_17August 22, 2018
- Illustration_18August 22, 2018
- Illustration_19August 22, 2018
- Illustration_20August 22, 2018
- Illustration_21August 22, 2018
- Illustration_22August 22, 2018
- Illustration_23August 22, 2018
- Illustration_24August 22, 2018
- Illustration_26August 22, 2018
- Illustration_27August 22, 2018
View our learners Graphics projects and learn more about the subject.