About the Subject
Illustration is an incredibly versatile skill that is used in almost all disciplines of the design industry. As a school subject it is beneficial preparation for further studies in Graphic Design, Animation, the Film industry, Illustration, Architecture, Industrial Design, Engineering and any other career that requires a combination of creative problem solving and an eye for the aesthetic.
Typical projects include the design and illustrating of posters, CD covers, book covers, packaging, surface designs, product design and corporate identity, to name a few. We use pencil and colour pencils, inks, gouache, paper cutting, ballpoint pen, paint, graphite, pastel, thinners transfers and whatever else is needed to produce a stunning design.
Basic principles of product construction and the functions of illustration within the design industry are also introduced.
Illustration at the Art Centre
Projects from our Creative Learners
- Illustration_1August 22, 2018
- Illustration_2August 22, 2018
- Illustration_3August 22, 2018
- Illustration_4August 22, 2018
- Illustration_6August 22, 2018
- Illustration_7August 22, 2018
- Illustration_8August 22, 2018
- Illustration_9August 22, 2018
- Illustration_10August 22, 2018
- Illustration_11August 22, 2018
- Illustration_12August 22, 2018
- Illustration_13August 22, 2018
- Illustration_14August 22, 2018
- Illustration_15August 22, 2018
- Illustration_16August 22, 2018
View our learners Graphics projects and learn more about the subject.